Friday, September 27, 2013

Update - BBC's Broadchurch

In my previous review of this incredible series on BBC America's "Dramaville", I was mistaken in how many episodes there were.  Actually, it aired its final episode this last Wednesday.

This is an amazing series, a mystery with many clues like strands of fog on the British coastline.  The story is haunting.  The production is evocative and unforgettable.

The cast makes a wonderful ensemble with excellent performances all around.  The directing is seamless.  The production values (sets, music, lighting, locations, etc) all play a part in bringing this poignant story to life.

There is a surprise ending that will stun you.  It did me. 

I recorded the episode on Wednesday and watched it again this morning just to see if it was as good as I remembered.  Yep, it was...I may even appreciate it more knowing that even a repeat of something I'd seen could keep me engrossed in the hour.

If you haven't seen it and get BBC America, please see if it's available On Demand on your system.  If not, rent it when it comes out.  You won't regret it.

BRAVO, BBC America for another exquisite series.

I am looking forward to their upcoming production of "Burton and Taylor" which stars Helena Bonham Carter in what looks like a dead-on portrayal of Elizabeth Taylor.  That premiers on October 16th.

Enjoy our incredible pop culture, where there truly is something for every taste.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment