Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Blog Hop The Next Big Thing


THE NEXT BIG THING BLOG HOP

 

Welcome to the NEXT BIG THING Blog Hop.

 

What is a blog hop? Basically, it’s a way for readers to discover authors new to them.  I hope you'll find new-to-you authors whose works you enjoy.  On this stop on the blog hop, you'll find a bit of information on me and one of my books and links to other authors you can explore!

My gratitude to fellow author Vicki Hinze for inviting me to participate in this event.  You can click the following links to learn more about Vicki and her book.  

 



 

In this blog hop, I and my fellow authors, in their respective blogs, have answered ten questions about our book or work-in--progress (giving you a sneak peek).  We've also included some behind-the-scenes information about how and why we write what we write--the characters, inspirations, plotting and other choices we make. I hope you enjoy it!

 

Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts and questions. Here is my Next Big Thing!

 

1: What is the working title of your book?  Touch The Sky

2: Where did the idea come from for the book?  It popped into my head about 25 years ago and stayed there patiently until I was ready to write fiction.

3: What genre does your book come under? Regency Romance

4: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?  For my hero, Sheridan St. John, Aaron Eckhart is the model.  He's been in several films such as "Battle: Los Angeles".  He played rugged Staff Sgt. Nance. ("Who the heck is John Wayne?")

For my heroine, Celeste Hargreaves, 21 year-old Elizabeth Taylor is the model.  (That's the REAL one not the actress who portrayed her recently in the infamous made-for-cable movie.)

5: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? Three years after her innocent father's execution for treason, Celeste Hargreaves must join forces with his accuser, the man she still loves, to find the real traitors who threaten her family and bring them to ultimate justice.

6: Is your book self-published, published by an independent publisher, or represented by an agency? The manuscript was pitched to an editor at the Ancient City Romance Authors annual writers' conference last October.  She requested the manuscript.  It is currently with the publisher along with the first chapter of the sequel, Swept Away, a work in progress.

7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? Four months for a very rough draft.
 


8: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? Anything historical by Catherine Anderson.  She writes of couples who go through tremendous struggle and are healed through the power of their love.

9: Who or what inspired you to write this book?  When I devised the plot I was a great reader of Regency Romance.  Also in my early career I worked in the field of social work and saw many people in horrible situations.  I found that even the most awful circumstances could be overcome with the love and help of a partner.  I want my work to reflect that, to give women hope they can have a much brighter future, no matter what they faced in the past.  Don't give up!

10: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?  It has a lively set of characters who use humor as a means to heal.  The hero is a wounded veteran of the Napoleonic War and is tormented that his accusations caused the execution of an innocent man.  Sheridan covers his pain with humor which helps him work through it.  Ultimately, even Celeste softens to him through his gentle jokes with her.

Listed below are two fabulous authors who are sharing the blog hop with me today.

Skye Taylor, Author

Kellie Sharpe, Author

Thank you for coming by...Look for my next post soon - a review of The Host by Stephanie Meyer.

1 comment:

  1. Sharon, I love your blog. I'm anxious to see what you write in the next installment of it.

    ReplyDelete