Friday, August 22, 2014

Take Me There by the Louis Romanos Quartet

I haven't reviewed any music on this blog, not because I don't like music, I do, I love it in fact.  My tastes are eclectic.  Some things I like are not necessarily what is popular today.  So I've stayed away from music as a reviewer.

But a friend of mine introduced me to the new CD Take Me There by the Louis Romanos Quartet.  It was love at first hearing.

All original songs, the CD is a beautiful work.  I'm hard pressed to name a favorite cut.  All of the music is distinctive and unique.

These are talented musicians who come together to make sublime music.  It has a hint of smooth jazz, of spiritual music (i.e. some contemporary Native American music like that of Carlos Nakai), and an ethereal quality all its own.

If you like listening to music after a stressful day, this one's for you.  It is lovely, calming music that will take you to another place as your cares melt away...

Honestly, I haven't heard such evocative tunes in many years.  This music transcends your daily cares and woes, taking you away to a place of serenity.

I predict great things for these talented men.




Check out the link below to hear selections from the album and to purchase it.


http://louisromanosquartet.com/ 


I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment